Discover Hazelwood Photo Contest
Photographers, both amateur and professional, are invited to enter Hazelwood’s first photo contest,
- One entry per category per photographer.
- Photos must be taken within Hazelwood city limits.
- Submitted entries must be a photographer’s work.
- Minor digital enhancements are allowed, but images that have been significantly altered or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
- Photos should not have watermarks on them.
- Digital photographs should be submitted in a TIF or JPG format, (must be high quality).
- Photo entries containing recognizable people at non-public events must be accompanied by a signed release form.
- Photographs showing inappropriate images will be disqualified.
- City employees and Council members, as well as their family members, are ineligible to participate.
- Submitted photos become the property of the City of Hazelwood and the City maintains all rights for usage. Submissions will not be returned.
Photos must fit into one of these four categories:
- City Landmarks
- Community Activities and Events
- People and Families
- Wildlife and Nature
Judging / Awards
- Photos will be judged on the basis of creativity, photographic quality, composition and how the image expresses the theme of the selected category.
- All decisions will be final, and judges reserve the right to re-categorize or disqualify any contestant.
- One winner will be selected for each contest category.
- The winners will be notified by phone and/or email and invited to participate in a special presentation at a City Council meeting at Hazelwood City Hall.
- The winning entries will be posted on the City’s website and for public viewing at City Hall or one of the recreation centers, and may be used on social media platforms.
- Winning photographer in each category will receive a 2020 Season Pass for Hazelwood’s White Birch Bay Aquatic Center.