(HAZELWOOD, MO – Nov. 17, 2020) – Effective Nov. 18, 2020, Hazelwood City Hall will move to a minimal staffing model to help slow the spread of COVID-19, comply with St. Louis County’s new COVID-19 restrictions, and ensure employees’ and the public’s safety while continuing to maintain City services. We encourage everyone to visit our website at www.hazelwoodmo.org to submit service requests, pay tickets, and utilize other City e-services.
Please note the following change the City of Hazelwood has taken to protect public health:
- At this time, City Hall will remain open Monday through Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm, but will close from noon – 1 pm for lunch. Persons visiting City Hall must wear masks at all times.
- The City’s Managers office, the City Clerk’s office, and the Finance office may be closed intermittently to the public.
- Municipal Courts will be open Monday through Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm, but will close from noon – 1 pm for lunch. Only one employee will be in the office at a time with the other employees working remotely. If you need to pay a fine, you can do so on the City’s website at www.hazelwoodmo.org/MunicipalCourts or by calling 314-839-2212.
- The Code Enforcement office will be open Monday through Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm, but will close from noon – 1 pm for lunch. Only one employee will be in the office at a time with the other employees working remotely. For occupancy inspections, permit applications, and building guides, please visit www.hazelwoodmo.org/CodeEnforcement or call 314-513-5032.
- The Police Department and the Fire Department will continue to work regular shifts with office staff working remotely.
- Public Works crews will continue to work their shifts but will stagger their hours to help maintain separation between employees.
- Parks and Recreation will maintain the same hours of operation with the following:
- All classes are canceled, effective Nov. 18, 2020.
- Only the workout area in the Community Center will be open to patrons. Users must wear a mask at all times.
- The Senior Bus will continue normal operations. Employees and passengers are required to wear face coverings/masks and maintain social distancing protocols while on the bus. Staff will deep clean the bus daily in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Parks and playgrounds will remain open but park bathrooms will remain closed. No more than 10 people shall congregate in a park. Groups with more than 10 people may be asked to leave.
Please utilize the City’s website, www.hazelwoodmo.org, for help. If you need to visit City Hall, face masks are required in the building.
Please continue to follow public health experts’ recommendations to avoid spreading the coronavirus including frequent handwashing, avoiding others who are ill, keeping a safe distance from one another, and staying home if feel sick.
We thank you for your support, cooperation, and patience during this time. Working together, we will slow the spread of COVID-19 and we are looking forward to returning to normal operations soon.
For more information:
Becky Ahlvin, Assistant City Manager – Economic Development