Due to the recent surge in COVID cases, starting Monday, Jan. 10, the City of Hazelwood will be moving to a minimal staffing/work from home model as follows:
- City offices will continue to be open 8 am to 4:30 pm but will be closed from noon to 1 pm for lunch.
- City offices for all departments will be staffed with one person in the office at a time with the other employees working from home. Police officers and firefighters/paramedics will continue to operate normal shifts.
- Code enforcement inspections will continue but the buildings need to be unoccupied during inspections with the exception of the code enforcement officer.
- Public works will continue all shifts but will stagger their shifts to minimize interaction.
- Parks and Recreation will maintain the same hours of operation. All class participants, teachers, and facility users shall wear masks and maintain social distancing while in the Community Center, including the workout area, and other recreation facilities. At this time, open gym is canceled.
- The senior bus will maintain current operations. Employees and passengers are required to wear face masks and maintain social distancing protocols while on the bus.
- Building rentals are continuing but are subject to a 50% maximum capacity per room.
- Parks will remain open, including playgrounds. Park bathrooms will remain closed.
Anyone needing to do business with the City should check the Hazelwood website to see if the service is available online.