Now that winter is here, here are some reminders and tips to help you during bad weather:
- Whenever four inches or more of snow is predicted by the National Weather Service, the City will declare a Snow Emergency Alert. City crews will work around the clock to first clear emergency snow routes, and then all connected side streets and intersections. If possible, postpone your travel until roads have been plowed, treated, and cleared.
- City crews work hard during winter months clearing City streets of snow and ice. During snow storms, residents are asked to remove all vehicles from streets in order to make plowing smoother for all involved. Vehicles that remain on designated snow routes after prior warnings will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Please give snowplows plenty of room and do not pass them.
- Clean off your vehicle’s roof, lights, and windows.
- Make sure you have an emergency kit in your vehicle with a flashlight, a first-aid kit, blankets, a small shovel, booster cables, and small tools.
For more winter driving tips, visit https://www.modot.org/winter-driving-tips. For more information regarding snow removal, please contact the Street Department at 314-731-8701. Remember to check the City’s Facebook page and website for up-to-date information on snowplowing during snowstorms.