(HAZELWOOD, MO – Mar. 16, 2020) – To help slow the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the City of Hazelwood has significantly altered operations to help keep its residents healthy and safe. We have also canceled and postponed major events and suspended community programs. Beginning Tuesday, March 17, we will start limiting public access to City Hall at 415 Elm Grove Lane. We appreciate your patience as we all respond to this community health issue and we encourage you to check our website frequently to stay informed. You can also sign up for notifications from the City of Hazelwood about COVID-19 and other city matters at http://www.hazelwoodmo.org/list.aspx?ListID=268.
Please note the following change the City of Hazelwood has undertaken to protect public health:
- The March 18 Hazelwood City Council meeting is canceled.
- In accordance with the order from the Chief Justice George Draper III, Hazelwood Municipal Court sessions are closed through April 3, 2020.
- Effective TODAY, March 16 at 4:30 p.m., the Community Center and the Civic Center East will be closed until April 3. In addition to following best practices for social distancing, the closure will give our staff time to perform a deep clean on both facilities so that we can protect the health of our community.
- All rentals for the Community Center and Civic Center East are canceled through April 3. Anyone with a reservation for either facility will have the option to have a refund or re-book their event for after Apr. 3. Pavilion rentals will still be available starting April 18.
- The Adult Egg Hunt is postponed from April 3 to April 10. Easter Eggsravanganza remains scheduled for April 11.
- The Senior Bus will continue normal operations. Staff will deep clean the bus daily in accordance with CDC guidelines. We encourage all passengers to also follow personal hygiene best practices and stay home if you are not feeling well.
While Hazelwood City Hall will remain open during normal work hours, we encourage anyone doing business with the City to only come in if necessary. Please utilize phone, email, or available online services if possible. A list of Hazelwood city services and department contact information is available on the City Directory page of the website, and some services, such as paying a parking ticket, can be completed online.
Hazelwood Police, Hazelwood Fire, and other City staff that provide essential services outside City Hall – such as street repairs and other Public Works functions – will continue their work in the community while taking additional precautions to reduce the risk of spread. The Hazelwood Police Department can still be accessed by the public through its lobby.
Please continue to follow public health experts’ recommendations to avoid spreading the coronavirus, including frequent handwashing, avoiding others who are ill, keeping a safe distance from one another, and staying home if you are ill.
Information regarding coronavirus is changing frequently, and the City will provide the latest information about COVID-19 and links to resources on its website. Sign up for email updates about COVID-19 and other city matters at http://www.hazelwoodmo.org/list.aspx?ListID=268.
We thank you for your support and cooperation during this time. Working together, we will slow the spread of COVID-19 and we are looking forward to returning to normal operations soon.
For more information:
Community & Economic Development Coordinator