(HAZELWOOD, MO – Mar. 23, 2020) – Effective March 23 at 5:00 pm, Hazelwood City Hall will be temporarily closed to help slow the spread of COVID-19. We intend to reopen April 23, 2020 pending additional governmental orders. In the interim, we encourage everyone to visit our website at www.hazelwoodmo.org to submit service requests, pay tickets, and utilize other City e-services.
In the next two weeks, Hazelwood city government will be developing a comprehensive resource page for Hazelwood small businesses and residents impacted by COVID-19 shutdowns. If you have particular concerns or suggestions for the community resource page or would like to advertise that your business is offering curbside service or delivery, please email Becky Ahlvin at email@example.com. Sign up for email updates about COVID-19 and other city matters at http://www.hazelwoodmo.org/list.aspx?ListID=268.
Please note the following change the City of Hazelwood has taken to protect public health:
- All Hazelwood Municipal Court sessions are closed through April 22, 2020.
- The Community Center and the Civic Center East will be closed through April 22.
- All rentals for the Community Center and Civic Center East, as well as park permits, are canceled through May 16. Refunds will be issued.
- The Adult Egg Hunt and Easter Eggsravanganza are both canceled.
- The Senior Bus will continue normal operations. Staff will deep clean the bus daily in accordance with CDC guidelines. We encourage all passengers to also follow personal hygiene best practices and stay home if you are not feeling well.
The Hazelwood Police and Fire Departments will continue to provide essential services to the community. Both departments have agreements with other cities to help provide service should they need help, and those cities will help our departments out should the need arise.
Other City staff that provide essential services outside City Hall – such as street repairs and other Public Works functions – will continue their work in the community while taking additional precautions to reduce the risk of spread. Please submit service requests and permit requests through the City website.
Please continue to follow public health experts’ recommendations to avoid spreading the coronavirus including frequent handwashing, avoiding others who are ill, keeping a safe distance from one another, and staying home if feel sick.
We thank you for your support and cooperation during this time. Working together, we will slow the spread of COVID-19 and we are looking forward to returning to normal operations soon.
For more information:
Community & Economic Development Coor.