Sewer Lateral Program
- After a failed attempt to open the sewer lateral by rotary cutter, the property owner should contact a company to camera their sewer lateral line.
- After review of the video, the City will determine eligibility for the Sewer Lateral Repair Program.
- If eligible, cost of the camera work is reimbursed at 90% to the property owner. The property owner shall be responsible for the remaining 10%.
- If eligible, the City will pay 90% of the lowest bid for the corrective sewer lateral repair work, less $30 for the excavation permit, to the Contractor selected by the property owner. The property owner shall be responsible for the remaining 10%. If the low bid Contractor is not selected, the property owner shall be responsible for the additional cost.
- The Sewer Lateral Program includes repair or replacement of the defective portion of the sewer lateral line, filling the trench, and seed and straw. Right-of-way public sidewalk and street replacement is covered when required.
- The Sewer Lateral Program does not cover restoration to landscaping, pavement or other work requested by the property owner.
- The Sewer Lateral Program does not cover sewer lateral line maintenance (root blockage/infiltration, grease buildup, etc.).
- The maximum City contribution shall be $7,500.00.
- Property owners who are delinquent in paying the City sewer lateral fee will not be allowed to participate in the Sewer Lateral Repair Program until all delinquent fees and/or penalties are paid.
Property Owner Submission Requirements
- Video of camera investigation of sewer lateral line
- Paid invoice for camera of sewer lateral line
- Three (3) written bids from St. Louis County licensed plumbers/drain layers to repair or replace the failed portion of the sewer lateral line
- History of sewer lateral problems, if any
- Completed and signed Sewer Lateral Program application
For further information on the City’s Sewer Lateral Program, please contact Nikki Miller, Project Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 513-5031.