- Your Government
- Boards & Commissions
- Community Enrichment Commission
Community Enrichment Commission
Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
The Tribute to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. is an annual tribute to the legacy and contributions of Dr. King to civil rights. The 2022 Tribute is virtual this year. Listen to our Keynote Speaker Dr. Art McCoy, watch a praise dance by Ms. Felicia Miller, and enjoy music from Mr. Simeon Layne, Jr. Follow the instructions at the end of the video to learn how you can enter to win one of several items, including Griot Black History Museum admission tickets, Afro World gift certificates, and books for families.
- 6:45 pm
- 2nd Tuesday of every month
- Hazelwood Community Center
1186 Teson Road
Hazelwood, MO 63042
The public is invited to attend these meetings.
27 members, 3 year terms
The duties of this Commission encompass issues of community beautification, literature and literacy, arts, cultural diversity and the elimination of discrimination by developing programs to promote pride in neighborhoods, to disseminate information about the arts, to serve as ambassadors for the City, to hear and investigate complaints concerning discriminatory practices. For additional information, see Section 130.020 Community Enrichment Commission.
Individuals interested in joining this board must be a registered voter and Hazelwood resident.
We miss you!
While the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has affected many areas of our daily lives, we want you to know that we are still conducting our monthly Commission meetings via ZOOM and we're always thinking of ways to continue serving our community. Unfortunately, due to public health emergency concerns we were unable to host two of our annual events:
- The Community Art Fair is held annually each June, and features a wide range of various artists' works. The fair has been postponed until next year. Get ready for 2021!
- Blue Ribbon Home Awards are bestowed upon winners of homes from all eight wards in the City of Hazelwood based on beautification criteria. Judging starts each year in May with winners announced in July and awarded in August at a City Council meeting. The Blue Ribbon Home Awards have been postponed until next year. So, start thinking now about ways you would like to spruce up your home to be included in next year's competition!
Community Service Awards
The Community Service Awards are presented each month to members of our community who give generously of their time, talents, and resources for the betterment of Hazelwood and our residents. During this pandemic, our neighbors and businesses have done an awesome job with helping out in the community and we would like you to join us in nominating them for this award. Our most recent recipient is the St. Louis County Library System for their distribution of meals, fresh fruit, books and diapers, to those in need.
All you need to do is provide the name, address, and reason why you feel this person/organization deserves the award. Submit your nominations to Pam Reynolds at email@example.com.