Vacant House Patrol

To promote better Community Service, the Hazelwood Police Department provides a Vacant House Patrol Program. The Program is designed to encourage residents to notify the Department when they are leaving their homes vacant for an extended period of time for reasons other than vacations, such as a pending home sale, death of the resident, etc. A database of all vacant homes is maintained by the Hazelwood Police Department, Fire Department, and the City’s Code Enforcement Unit and can be utilized to make emergency contact should the need arise.

A completed Vacant House Patrol form can can be dropped off with the Police Department. Your request can also be made over the phone with the Communications Unit at (314) 838-5000 ext 1.