COVID-19 and Coronavirus
How is the City of Hazelwood responding to the COVID-19 outbreak?
We take the outbreak very seriously. Hazelwood’s Fire Chief and Police Chief are in constant contact with County and State officials to receive the latest information about COVID-19 in Missouri. They are also a part of the St. Louis County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) team, which was activated on March 6 in anticipation of the potential impact of COVID-19 in St. Louis County. This activation brings together at the County’s EOC the following assets: the Department of Public Health, Office of Emergency Management, Public Information Officers, local Fire/EMS, and the St. Louis Medical Operations Center (SMOC), which is a coordinated and collaborative group of our local hospital systems. Other departments could become involved depending on how the novel coronavirus impacts St. Louis County.
Changes to Hazelwood’s First Responders protocols:
Our police and fire departments have slightly changed how they are responding to emergencies. As calls come in, our dispatchers are screening them to try to find potential risks that exist before/during response in order to mitigate the circumstances with least risk to all. In some sick-case responses, our first responders will slightly change protocol to maximize protection for responders while still providing needed assistance to callers.
- Find resources for businesses here.
- At the April 1, 2020, City Council Meeting, the City Council declared a State of Emergency in the City of Hazelwood. View the full ordinance here.
- The Senior Bus will continue normal operations. Staff will deep clean the bus daily in accordance with CDC guidelines. We encourage all passengers to also follow personal hygiene best practices and stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Sign up for the latest City updates here.
- Both St. Louis County and the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services have set up hotlines that are available 24/7:
- St. Louis County: 314-615-2660
- Missouri: 877-435-8411
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- St. Louis County’s website: https://www.stlouisco.com/Your-Government/County-Executive/COVID-19
- Missouri’s website: https://health.mo.gov/living/healthcondiseases/communicable/novel-coronavirus/
- John Hopkins University & Medicine Coronavirus Resource Center: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/
- The City of Hazelwood does NOT test for COVID-19. Contact your health care provider BY PHONE if you suspect you may have COVID-19.
- St. Louis County clinics can provide medical care to all County residents, regardless of ability to pay. Call 314-615-0500 if you do not have a doctor.
- The Hazelwood Walgreens located at 7389 N Lindbergh is offering drive-thru testing. View their flyer for more information: