Commercial Fire Codes & Permits

Fire Prevention Code

The Hazelwood Fire Department utilizes the 2015 International Code Council codes as the basis for the prevention of fire and providing for safe environments for our citizens.

Commercial Building Permits

A Building Permit is required if you are going to do any of the following:

  • Build a commercial structure

  • Remodel a commercial structure

  • Install or remodel a fire suppression or detection system

  • Install or remodel an underground or above ground storage tank. (propane tanks are the most common)

  • Operate an Air Curtain Destructor Open Burn Pit (DNR Permit)

  • Add a sprinkler system, or

  • Add a hood suppression system above a cooking appliance in a commercial building.

All Building Permits are issued through the City of Hazelwood Code Enforcement office at 415 Elm Grove Lane, Hazelwood, MO 63042 or by calling 314-513-5033.