All one and two-family residences in the City of Hazelwood are required to use Republic Services as the trash hauling service. Property owners who have one or two-family dwellings as rental properties are required to obtain trash and recycling service under their names for each residence. Trash service can be obtained by calling Republic Services at 636-947-5959. For more information, visit RepublicServices.com.
Senior citizens and disabled residents can apply for a discount! To qualify you must be 62 years old or 100% disabled (as determined by the Office of Social Security) and you must be head of household of your residence. Discounts can by obtained through the Public Works Department at City Hall or by contacting Republic Services.
Standard Rates for Republic Trash / Recycling Services
- Additional Cart Lease - $15 per quarter
- Senior/Disabled Rate - $24.90 per quarter
- Trash Service - $49.80 per quarter
- Yard Waste - $26.94 per quarter
- Yard Waste Cart Lease - $10.50 per quarter
Optional Services Available
- Bulk Collection - Household materials that are too large to fit in with your regular collection container. Bulk collection can be arranged any time throughout the year by contacting Republic Services at 636-947-5959. A $25 fee will be charged for collection of each E-waste item (TVs, computers, monitors, etc). An additional $15 fee is charged for older TVs with tubes in them.
- Weekly Yard Waste - Yard waste collection is available in three month periods. Yard waste may be placed in compost bags designed for yard waste collection or in 32 gallon trash cans clearly labeled as yard waste. Yard waste containers may not exceed 60 pounds and there is an 8 container limit per pick up. Additional yard waste containers are available for rent through Republic Services.
- White Goods/Appliances Collection - There is a charge of $27.85 per item for pickup. Residents must schedule pick up ahead of time with Republic Services.