The Parks and Recreation department provides free transportation for qualified City residents. The transportation service assists riders with doctor appointments, shopping, banking and post office visits, and more. To qualify you must:
- Be a Hazelwood resident
- Be 55 years of age, or older, or disabled with medical verification
- Submit a signed and completed application for service. Applications are available at the bottom of the page and at the Community Center
Applicants must not have any condition that requires special medical attention which might adversely affect the health of other riders. Accommodations that may be needed are the responsibility of the rider (service animal, oxygen, personal assistance, walker, etc.).
Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays are devoted to special trips as scheduled by the Parks & Recreation Department, and Hazelnut transportation for monthly meetings.
Areas of Service
Transportation services are available for riders anywhere within the Hazelwood City limits. Outside of City limits, the boundaries are the following areas: Howdershell Road/Shackelford Road to Mullanphy Lane; Highway 270 to West Florissant Avenue; North on Lindbergh Boulevard to 2341 North Highway 67; De Paul and Christian Medical Centers.
For reservations, please call 314-731-0980, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am to 2:00 pm. Reservations must be made 48 hours in advance and are scheduled in 30 minute increments. Reservations can be scheduled up to one month ahead of time. Calls for service less than 48 hours in advance will be accommodated based on priorities and availability.
Riders should be ready 30 minutes prior to their designated pickup time. Riders are limited to one trip per day, two times a week.
Priority Rating Scale for Reservations
Riders are accommodated according to the priority rating scale below. From highest to lowest, priorities are:
- Grocery shopping
- Financial business
- Recreational, shopping, post office, etc.
Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance. Any cancellation within 24 hours should still be called in as a consideration to other riders.
Application for Transportation Service
Join us for the following Senior Bus excursions! We will accept telephone registration for shopping trips. There will be a $5 charge for shopping and casino trips, payable on the day of the trip. A minimum of five individuals are needed for shopping trips to proceed. Paid site-seeing registrations must be completed at the Recreation Office or online here.
- September 5, 2023 - Fairmont Race Track, depart at 10:00 AM, $30 per person
- September 14, 2023 - St. Louis Science Center Nelson Mandela Exhibit, depart at 10:00 AM, $25 per person
- September 27, 2023 - Hollywood Casino trip, depart at 10:00 AM
- October 4, 2023 - St. Peters Walmart shopping trip, depart at 10:00 AM
- October 18, 2023 - Lunch and Bingo at Civic Center East, depart at 11:00 AM, $12 per person
- November 15, 2023 - St. Louis City Fresh Thyme shopping trip, depart at 10:00 AM
- November 29, 2023 - Chesterfield Walmart and Outlet Mall shopping trip, depart at 10:00 AM
- December 20, 2023 - Happy Holiday Celebration, depart at 4:00 PM, $35 per person